As summer is over, it’s time to get back on track with work and business related activities, and what is a better start, than being a participant at a nice startup conference?
These events are a great opportunity to network, meet startups, investors or professionals from the ecosystem, and of course also to learn some new things in order to stay on top of new trends.
Here is this autumn’s list of some promising upcoming startup related events and conferences.
- Infoshare (October 6-7, offline event, Gdansk, Poland) has a focus on the Polish ecosystem and, besides attending presentations and webinars, startups can also still participate in the Startup Expo (where they can showcase their product and network with investors, potential business partners or media).
- The ScaleupFest (October 6, offline event, Budapest) is aimed at all stakeholders in the ecosystem to meet, share, and network, even beyond the CEE region. Held annually in Budapest for the 5th time, it looks to be even more ambitious than the previous years.
- The Engagement Investment Conference (October 10, offline event, Prague) is a one-day event that hosts experienced business angels and other experts. They all will talk about investing in startups. This year they aim to support cross-boarders investments and cooperation between business angels and VC fund in the CEE and Baltics region.
- Disraptors Summit (October 10-11, hybrid event, Prague) is a major event in the tech & startup territory. Apart from the clash of the regional startup champs, the summit hosts titans of the business world. The European Startup Champions League consists of a network of regional Startup World Cup rounds and other befriended contests. The final battle for the Champion title is happening on the main stage during Disraptors Summit.
- The European Angel Investment Summit (October 11-12, offline event, Brussels) aims to put business angels in the spotlight and highlight how they bring economic dynamism by financing innovation and taking risks early on.
- World Summit AI 2021 (October 12-13, offline event, Amsterdam) is the world’s leading and internationally renowned AI summit gathering the global AI ecosystem of Enterprise, BigTech, Startups, Investors and Science, every year in Amsterdam to tackle head-on the most burning AI issues and set the global AI agenda.
- Romanian Artificial Intelligence Days (October 12-13, offline event, Oradea, Romania) is an event organized by a team of local and international experts, in partnership with Oradea Tech Hub, with the aim of providing a venue for learning and networking for all those interested in AI and related fields.
- SaaStock (October 17-19, offline event, Dublin) is Europe’s largest SaaS (software-as-a-service) conference, and the gloss is that it’s one of the few events that manages to convince usually tight VCs to open their wallets to be there. You can fill your boots with sessions on everything from sales to fundraising.
- Future Banking Summit (October 19-20, offline event, Romania) is a banking and fintech industry event for bankers, fintech founders & investors from the Middle East to the Western fintech powerhouses.
- Invest Austria (October 19, offline event, Vienna) is the leading event to connect Angel Investors, Venture Capital and Private Equity covering the entire funding lifecycle of innovative companies.
- EstBAN10 Angel Summit (October 20, offline event, Tallinn) is a get-together for business angels, VC’s and partners to dig deep in investing strategies, stay tuned with the startup ecosystem and enjoy each other’s company.
- Wolves Summit (October 20-21, hybrid event, Vienna) is bringing together founders, investors and corporate executives both online and offline in Poland this fall. This year’s agenda is designed to connect CEE startups with the global tech community, showcasing the region’s tech talent to international investors and global players.
- Technologic Festival (October 26, offline event, Czech Republic) is a large Czech tech event, including a contest for early-stage startups. Show your creativity, and perhaps learn some interesting facts from leading tech architects, engineers, AI archeologists, and many more.
- The Freelancers (October 26, online event) is a one-day conference dedicated to freelancers from all fields. The interested ones can learn how to work effectively as a freelancer, how to attract clients, get paid fairly for their work and how to turn their work experience into a business on their own.
- Next Round (October 26-27, hybrid event, Slovenia) is an yearly summit of Venture Capital Investors from the CEE region, discussing relevant Strategic trends from the industry, Dealmaking opportunities and future Exits. It will bring together the eminent representatives of the VC investment community and EU institutions to exchange their views and actions on the challenges of financing and other critical issues to make a European breakthrough in generating future Unicorns.
- NewSpace Europe (October 27-28, hybrid event, Luxembourg) is the event where startups, agencies, investors and executives from the space industry meet for an entire day of engaging conference sessions and unique networking opportunities, including startup pitches, tailored meetings, and exclusive announcements.
- Web Summit 2021 (November 1-4, offline event, Lisbon) will bring together speakers and people that help and redefine the tech community. Startups have the opportunity to network with investors, showcase their product and discover the new tech trends from the past year.
- ITDays (November 9-10, offline event, Cluj-Napoca, Romania) is a regional conference that focuses on Innovation, entrepreneurship and technologies in the IT space.
- DefCamp (November 10-11, offline event, Bucharest, Romania) is a regional conference dedicated to cyber security experts. It’s one of the most important cybersecurity and hacking event from Central and Eastern Europe.
- Codiax (November 10-11, offline event, Cluj-Napoca, Romania) is a deep tech event structured as technical workshops & conference featuring experts from various industries directly impacted by deep technology.
- South Summit 2021 (November 10-11, offline event, Bilbao) is one of the biggest conferences in southern Europe which brings together startups, international investors and leading corporations. Startups can also apply to Startup Competition and pitch in front of investors and leading corporations.
- Upster (November 14-18, hybrid event, Cluj-Napoca) is an initiative of Cluj Startups, a community-focused conference aiming to support the local startups and organizations to connect with each other more, share knowledge and develop the local network of investors and incubators.
- The Big Score 2021 (November 15-17, offline event, Ghent, Belgium) is Europe’s most relevant international VC & corporate sourcing event. It is focused on squeezing time and accelerating interaction between three essential tech branches: high growth data tech solutions, international venture capital and corporate innovation sourcing.
- Global Innovation Forum London (November 16-17, offline event, London) is a high-profile event gathering the leading companies worldwide to identify the latest trends in innovation, design, creativity and entrepreneurship. It provides a well-balanced mixture of presentations, panel debates and interactive workshops.
- Slush (November 17-18, offline event, Helsinki) is an event which brings together the leading actors of the global tech ecosystem to accelerate the growth of startups. Slush 2022 is all about connecting founders with what and whom they need while building a new, inclusive, and more purposeful culture of entrepreneurship.
As we can see this year most of the events are onsite, after a pandemic with lots of restrictions, the world is starting to return to normal. This also applies to the world of startups, tech companies, and the event industry.
For more startup events and programs, check our opportunities section of the Startups League newsletter and don’t forget to subscribe to our weekly newsletters down below.