Venture capital, M&A and funding-related news
1. Amber Studio, a leading global independent game developer, announced that a fund advised by Emona Capital LLP, a London-based investment firm, has agreed to invest up to $20M at a $190M post-money valuation to accelerate Amber’s global growth through M&A (link).
2. The Romanian startup Footprints, which operates a Retail Media platform, starts the first round of financing and aims to attract an investment of €500K (link).
Meme break – let’s not take ourselves too serious
News related to programs and events
3. XY Partners, a startup accelerator from the Republic of Moldova, in collaboration with Early Game Ventures and Startup Moldova organizes Moldova Startups Day in Romania. The inauguration event will take place on October 18, in Bucharest (link).
5. The Localnicii Community, which counts over 120 local producers and entrepreneurs, is launching the Localnicii Accelerator project, which aims to offer solutions, know-how and a collaborative environment to entrepreneurs with production activities (link).
Various news related to startups
8. MedLife, the leader of the private medical services market in Romania, continues to develop its medical infrastructure to meet as many patients as possible and announces the signing of a new partnership by taking over 51% of the Provita Group‘s shares. The transaction marks the consolidation of diagnostic and treatment services nationwide (link).
9. BCR Asigurări de Viață VIG and QUALITANCE have partnered to offer customers a digital experience that facilitates quick access and efficient interaction with the insurance company’s savings, protection and investment products and services (link).
Other news in the ecosystem
11. Softbinator Technologies, a Romanian provider of software development services focused mainly on blockchain, artificial intelligence and DevOps, has implemented within the company a financial-accounting system that accepts payment with stablecoins (link).
12. Cluj IT Cluster became a full member of the European Digital SME Alliance, a network that brings together 30 associations with the role of national and regional representation of SMEs from EU member states (link).
from Andrea, Denisa, Adrian, Ela and Mircea (Activize team)