We are back with one of our flagship articles, we have made a list of events and conferences in the European startup ecosystem regarding the first part of 2023. This year will be mostly about in-person events, nevertheless we have found some virtual events too for you to attend.
- ProductCon (February 21, offline event, London) highlights product leaders from diverse backgrounds and leaders of color. You’ll learn from inspirational Heads of Product, VPs, and CPOs from tech giants such as Amazon, Netflix, Spotify, and more.
- KickStart Europe (February 21-21, offline event, Amsterdam) is an annual strategy & networking conference on trends and investments in tech and digital infrastructure. By bringing together an array of industry professionals at the start of the year, Kickstart Europe helps to explore the emerging trends and technology shaping the digital industry and digital infrastructure of cloud, connectivity and data centers.
- IMPACT (February 21-23, hybrid event, Atlanta, USA) will feature sessions on the full scope of digital transformation technologies including Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Observability, DevOps, Performance Engineering, Digital Process, Cloud Native Applications, and the IT infrastructures that support them.
- MWC Barcelona (February 27 – March 2, offline event, Barcelona) is the world’s most influential event for the connectivity industry. It’s where world-leading companies and trailblazers share the latest thought leadership about the progression and future of connectivity. And it’s the best place for networking opportunities with mobile and tech industry influencers.
- Alpha Wolves (March 8-9, offline event, London) is an event by Wolves Summit that has been created to assist creators, investors, corporate representatives, and other tech enthusiasts stay current with the latest market trends.
- Hello Tomorrow Global Summit (March 9-10, offline event, Paris) prides itself on a niche focus on cutting-edge deep tech startups. The event is designed to help attendees explore exclusive business/collaboration opportunities and connect with like-minded people to share advice, success stories, best practices and build networks.
- Startup Weekend Oradea (March 10-12, offline, Oradea) is an exciting and immersive foray into the world of startups. Over an action-packed three days, you’ll meet the very best mentors, investors, co-founders and sponsors to show you how to get more done faster.
- sTARTUp Day (March 15-17, offline event, Estonia) brings together over 3900 startup-minded people across 52 countries to celebrate entrepreneurship.This business festival is the home of the sTARTUp Day pitching competition in which the winners compete for a €200K investment from the Estonian Business Angels Network EstBAN, €100K from Cocoon Ventures, and €10K equity-free money from Swedbank.
- Startup Moldova Summit (March 17, offline event, Chisinau) is a flagship tech startups community event in the Republic of Moldova, which brings together startup community builders, startup founders, venture capitalists, private and public sector from Moldova and abroad.
- Startup Weekend Bucharest (March 17-19, offline event, Bucharest) brings together those interested in startups with co-founders, mentors and experts. This event is the best place to get inspired, develop new skills, and network with creative minds.
- START Summit (March 23-24, offline event, Switzerland) is one of Europe’s leading student-run conferences for entrepreneurship & technology. The conference actively promotes innovation by connecting more than 5000 startups, investors, corporates and young talents.
- EU-Startups Summit (April 20-21, offline event, Barcelona) is an event with opportunities for networking and a meeting point for entrepreneurs and investors who are aiming to build international tech companies. The 2023 edition will also feature a pitch competition in which 15 startups compete for a prize worth €125K.
- API Conference (April 24-27, offline event, London) is an event for API and software architecture enthusiasts whose agenda is structured around workshops, sessions with the experts invited as speakers.
- At AI in Finance Summit (April 25-26, offline event, London) you will have the chance to discover advances in AI & machine learning tools and techniques from the world’s leading innovators across industry, research, and the financial sector.
- TechChill 2023 (April 26-28, offline event, Riga) is the biggest startup event in the Baltics, bringing the most international journalists and startups to the region. It was founded to bridge gaps in knowledge, skill, and network but has since grown into so much more. Also, they have the TechChill Fifty Founders Battle, a competition where early-stage startups stand to win a community prize pot of a minimum of €10K.
- Codecamp_Festival (May 4, offline event, Bucharest) is a one-of-a-kind experience, mixing learning from the best speakers out there, from all over the world.
- FinTech World Forum (May 09-10, offline event, London) is a two-day conference with a focus on fintech and all of the domains that are connected to it such as AI, Machine Learning, Blockchain.
- Impact CEE (May 10-11, offline event, Poland) describes itself as one of the most prominent economic and technology conferences in Central and Eastern Europe.Here you can network with top managers from the most significant global companies, policy makers, regulators, outstanding scientists as well as world-class experts and speakers.
- The Digital Transformation Conference (May 11, offline event, London) brings together those working within the many facets of digital business transformation, innovation & strategy. The event welcomes 25+ speakers from varying industries sharing their insights, best practice, lessons learned and so much more across people, technology & process elements of digital transformation and change.
- Podim (May 15-17, hybrid event, Maribor, Slovenia) is one of the most important startup & tech events in the Alps-Adriatic & Western Balkans region. Attendees have long been encouraged by PODIM to study, develop, and consider new ideas, resulting in developing innovative company concepts that are prepared to change the world.
- JSHeroes (May 18-19, offline event, Cluj-Napoca) is a non-profit community-organized conference which brings together JS and Web/Frontend development enthusiasts from all over the world for a two day event.
- Tech.eu Summit (May 24, offline event, Brussels) is bringing together 1,800 thinkers and doers to help shape the best possible future for the European innovation ecosystems. The key focus will be on sustainable growth.
- Wolves Summit (May 23-25, hybrid event, Wrocław) is a 3-day festival full of investment, networking and talent marketing, corporate innovation challenges and themed-stage tracks. The aim is to connect CEE startups with the global tech community, showcasing the region’s tech talent to international investors and global players. As an investor and as a startup you have the opportunity to connect with each other through Startup Dealflow.
- Infoshare (May 24-25, offline event, Poland) conference focuses on tech and business. With its substantial speeches delivered by top-notch experts paired with an impressive Expo, Startup Contest, and numerous networking opportunities, it gathers thousands of participants each year. Since 2014, Infoshare also organizes a startup contest in which the startup with the best sustainable development initiative gets a prize of €20K in cash.
- Latitude59 (May 24-26, offline event, Tallinn) is the flagship startup and tech event of the world’s first digital society. It is the place for various networking opportunities, in-depth discussions with top international players, several pitching rounds for both startups as well as investors. Also, they have the L59 Pitch Competition where startups have the chance to win €1M.
- Bucharest Tech Week (May 22-28, offline event, Bucharest) is a yearly event that puts Bucharest in the center of the tech world. It’s an entire week of tech conversations, meetups, networking, and other events bringing together Romania’s, CEE’s, and some of the world’s finest tech peeps.
- Dublin Tech Summit (DTS) (May 31 – June 1, offline event, Dublin) is a two-day conference that sits at the heart of the international tech scene. As one of the world’s most active technology hubs, Dublin has become the EMEA base for some of the biggest global tech companies, and over the past five years, DTS has emerged as one of Europe’s fastest-growing B2B tech events.
- Arctic15 (June 1-2, offline event, Helsinki) is a meeting spot for startup entrepreneurs, investors, corporates and media from 60+ countries. This event is centered around various markets, technologies, and subjects, from AI and Digital Health to Social Impact and Scaling. Participants can make good use of the time by congregating with a global group of entrepreneurs, investors, corporations, media, and influencers.
- Reuters Events: Global Energy Transition 2023 (June 7-8, offline event, New York, USA) is the most important and senior conference for the industry of the year. As one of Reuters flagship events, Global Energy Transition 2023 is a multifunctional platform carefully designed for the global energy executive community, providing you with a comprehensive, multi-layered experience.
- The 10th edition of Techsylvania (June 7-8, offline event, Cluj-Napoca) will gather experts from different tech-related and startup backgrounds, having over 70 keynotes, panels, workshops, satellite events, executive roundtables, pitching and Q&A sessions. Founders can apply to Startup Alley and Startup Avalanche activities.
- South Summit (June 7-9, offline event, Madrid) is a hub for innovators who come together to shape a different business world based on more sustainable practices. The highlight of these impactful few days is the South Summit 100, a competition where selected startups can network with investors and forge new relationships with potential clients.
- London Tech Week (June 12-16, offline event, London) will gather the world’s most inspirational founders, global leaders, senior investors, and rising stars to collaborate and discuss the vital role of technology in society. The festival’s purpose is to showcase how tech is transforming both business and society by driving important conversations around transformation, diversity, and innovation.
- Digital Enterprise Show (June 13-15, offline event, Malaga) is a three-day conference that gathers cutting-edge technologies and professional speakers to meet delegates´ objectives, challenges, and needs on AI, IoT, Cloud, Cybersecurity, AR/VR, Data Analytics, Mar&AdTech, 5G and solutions designed specifically Digital Marketing and Industry 4.0. As a startup, you can also apply to their exhibit to connect with the right stakeholders.
- VivaTech (June 14-17, offline event, Paris) brings together the best innovation actors to ignite positive change in business and for society. The event acts as a global catalyst for digital transformation and startup growth.
- TNW (June, 15-16, offline event, Amsterdam) is a gathering for business leaders and tech lovers to discuss how technology will affect tomorrow’s world. Here you’ll meet global tech leaders, policymakers, entrepreneurs, and scale-ups and gain insights from industry pioneers.
- Bits & Pretzels HealthTech Conference (June 20-21, offline event, Munich) puts startup companies at its very core. By gathering the best founders they are inviting investors, healthcare providers, medtech & pharma executives, insurers, tech giants, and policymakers to join the second edition of the conference.
- Unchain Fintech Festival (June 29-30, offline event, Oradea) the flagship fintech and blockchain event in the Central Eastern Europe region will be back this year too in Oradea. The conference will bring together business leaders in payments, lending, insurance, personal finance, e-commerce, banking and related fields.
- With 8,000+ digital experts, hub.berlin (June 28-29, offline event, Berlin) is one of the most important tech festivals in Europe. During two full days of inspiring keynotes, workshops, live tech experiences, digital art, and an unforgettable club night, they’ll be fueling a vibrant community with a lasting impact on the digital transformation in Europe.
If you know about other events that you consider that should be added to this list, drop us a message!
For sure there will be updates and announcements, we will try our best to regularly update this article, so don’t forget to bookmark this blog post. Also join the Startups League newsletter which will keep you up to date with various opportunities for startups: accelerators, competitions, conferences and venture funding.