🚀 From our side
Together with FreshBlood HealthTech and with the support of Microsoft for Startups, EIT Health, Fortech Investments, Fortech Products and Wolfpack Digital | Powerful web and mobile apps start-to-end, we have launched the second edition of the Romanian Healthtech Startups Overview Report!
Head to our website to get your copy now!
Venture capital, M&A and funding-related news
1. Fintech startup MetaWealth, with offices in Bucharest, Dublin and Toronto, which was founded by a group of investors passionate about fintech and having global experience from North America to the European Union, has launched in Romania (link).
2. FieldOS, a startup that has launched a mobile solution to solve the real-time problems that a physical asset would have, is targeting a round of €620K, of which €200K on SeedBlink, an investment platform that enables the ﬁnancing of European technology startups (link).
3. The Romanian legal startup NewLaw.ro has secured €50K in funding to develop its digital collaboration platform for clients and a team of lawyers. The platform aims to provide legal services efficiently and transparently through automation and collaboration tools, allowing clients to access legal advice remotely (link).
4. Fortech Investments, a Romanian venture capital firm, has announced its plans to invest in energy startups in 2023. The firm will focus on startups that develop sustainable energy solutions, including renewable energy, energy storage, and energy efficiency technologies (link).
News related to programs and events
5. The How to Web 2023 conference, which will take place on October 4th and 5th, has announced its first speakers. The event, which focuses on technology and entrepreneurship, will feature talks and workshops from industry leaders, investors, and entrepreneurs (link).
6. The theme of Bucharest Tech Week 2023 has been announced as “A Digitized Future for Efficiency.” The event, which will take place in Bucharest, Romania, between 22-28 May will focus on the role of digitalization in driving efficiency across various industries (link).
7. More than 130 senior programmers participated in the first edition of The Bucharest Hackathon, an event organized this weekend in Bucharest, and the winners obtained prizes totaling $12K (cash), $4K in EGLD cryptocurrency and $15K in vouchers on Amazon (link).
8. LevelUP is the first accelerator in Romania specifically designed to accelerate young startups (under 3 years old) in the fields of health and life sciences. Within the accelerator, teams will receive support from an extensive network of national and international experts on topics such as customer discovery and understanding, solution development and validation, fundraising, marketing, or sales. The program is organized by INNO/ADR NV and co-funded by the European Union through EIT Health.
9. Crypto.ro, an important cryptocurrency and blockchain media platform in Romania, announced the organization of “The Alliance” conference in Timișoara. This unique conference will take place on 21 September, and will focus on topics related to cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology (link).
Various news related to startups
10. Future Banking launches the ‘Get Digital’ section in partnership with First Bank, with the mission of showcasing the practical benefits of mobile banking functionalities that make life easier. The bank has integrated Ghișeul.ro into its mobile banking application, so that any user who has an account with First Bank knows exactly what taxes and local taxes they owe and can pay them directly from the application (link).
Other news in the ecosystem
12. Impact Hub Bucharest & Startarium, with the support of ING Romania and Bravva Angels, launched the Entrepreneur Profile market study, an initiative that aims to x-ray the Romanian entrepreneurial ecosystem. The survey can be completed until 21 March here (link).
13. Regista, the solution for automating and streamlining processes in public institutions and private companies in Romania, part of the Zitec group, is launching the Urban Planning module to digitize the cadastral activities of town halls in Romania (link).
14. Orange Romania has announced its involvement in six research projects funded by Horizon Europe, the European Union’s research and innovation program. The projects focus on topics such as 5G networks, artificial intelligence, and digital health, and aim to advance technological innovation in these areas (link).
from Andrea, Denisa, Adrian, Ela and Mircea (Activize team)