🚀 From our side
We have published a brand new article on startup-related events and conferences that will take place in the first part of 2023. Check it out here!
Venture capital, M&A and funding-related news
1. Fagura.com, a fintech startup opened by an entrepreneur from the Republic of Moldova, obtained investments of €781K in total, in a multi-financing round in which more than 280 investors participated, on the British crowdfunding platform Seedrs (link).
2. Undelucrăm platform is looking for a funding of €800K on the investment platform SeedBlink. The platform helps companies to find candidates, but also for employees to give reviews to the companies where they work (link).
4. The rental platform milluu.com, which digitized the process of renting apartments, announced the completion of a financing round worth €1M led by the Polish investment fund Cofounder Zone. The financing round aims to support regional scaling by opening operations in Poland (link).
5. AROBS Transilvania Software takes over the majority stake in SYDERAL Polska, a company from Gdansk, specialized in the development of products and technologies for quantum and optical communication, data storage and processing, as well as controlling mechanisms and instruments via satellite (link).
6. Kubeark, a hyper-scaling platform, has attracted $2.8M in funding in a pre-seed round. The investment round was led by Credo Ventures, with participation from Seedcamp, LAUNCHub Ventures, 500 Emerging Europe and others (link).
News related to programs and events
7. You can now enroll for the third edition of Bright Labs Incubator, a program designed by Make IT in Oradea to help first-time ambitious tech entrepreneurs from SEE take their bright ideas to market in six months. Registrations are open until 15 March (link).
8. The Young Entrepreneurs mini MBA mentoring program has started registration for this year’s edition. Registrations for the 9th edition of the JCI Young Entrepreneurs program organized by Junior Chamber International Bucharest have begun. Entrepreneurs willing to participate in the training and mentoring sessions are expected to register by 28 January (link).
9. The InnovX-BCR accelerator opens registrations for the Startups group, dedicated to technology entrepreneurs with businesses over €50K. The applications are closing on February 20 (link).
10. Early-stage startups can register until February 10 to Upcelerator, an online accelerator program in Eastern Europe. In the program participants will receive support from over 40 experienced mentors, a clear structure and action plan, mentoring hours and so on (link).
11. Between March 17-19, Startup Weekend Bucharest will bring together those interested in startups with co-founders, mentors and experts. This event is the best place to get inspired, develop new skills, and network with creative minds (link).
12. Startup Weekend Oradea is an exciting and immersive foray into the world of startups. Between March 10-12 you’ll have the chance to meet the very best mentors, investors, co-founders and sponsors to show you how to get more done faster (link).
13. Startup Moldova Summit will be held on March 17 in Chisinau and is a flagship tech startups community event in the Republic of Moldova, which brings together startup community builders, startup founders, venture capitalists, private and public sector from Moldova and abroad.
Various news related to startups
14. The Romanian proptech startup Bright Spaces is expanding in the MENA (Middle East & North Africa) region, and Mike Hapoianu, a specialist with over 22 years of international business management & real estate experience, is joining the Bright Spaces team as MENA Regional Manager (link).
15. The Romanian startup Stailer is launching two education programs for entrepreneurs and specialists, through which 1,000 professionals, entrepreneurs, future beauty salon owners, employed stylists and independent specialists will have access to training and learning actions (link).
Other news in the ecosystem
16. The eMAG Group strengthens its management team and appoints Tudor Mihăilescu to the position of COO for the development of Tazz, Fashion Days, Freshful, Flip and Atlas. Also, Dragoș Ion will take over the role of Group CFO, after almost 20 years of experience in the consumer goods, financial services or automotive industries (link).
17. The European investment fund Underline Ventures is recruiting Ioana Șerban, former VP of Marketing of the Romanian startup FintechOS, to its team. Ioana joins the team as entrepreneur-in-residence. At the same time, Adriana Spulber joins the fund full time as Head of Communications (link).
19. SeedBlink, the co-investment platform in European technology startups, and Goldring, one of the most active brokers in Romania in terms of listings on the Bucharest Stock Exchange, have entered into a partnership for the development of financial investment services in Romania, diversifying investment offers and facilitating companies’ access to capital (link).
20. Token Financial Technologies, the leading provider of digital payment solutions in Turkey, announced its entry into the Romanian market through the Odero brand (link).
from Andrea, Denisa, Adrian, Ela and Mircea (Activize team)