Fresh news from our side
Romanian startup raises $10M pre-seed funding at Elon Musk’s Halloween party. Read the whole article with details here: https://activize.tech/2022/10/30/startup-ridica-investitie-halloween-elon-musk-bran/
Venture capital, M&A and funding-related news
1. Sparking Capital, the first alternative investment fund with authorized venture capital in Romania, becomes a member of the Association of Fund Administrators from Romania (link).
2. Yarooms, a SaaS company providing leading workplace experience solutions, has secured €2M financing to pursue a new market opportunity and accelerate growth. GapMinder is lead investor with €1.6M and the round is supported also by SeedBlink (link).
Meme break – let’s not take ourselves too serious
News related to programs and events
3. Patria Bank launches Academia Patria, a financial education program dedicated to entrepreneurs. The educational project aims to support the business environment in Romania in the current difficult economic context (link).
4. Black Sea ClimAccelerator, an accelerator dedicated to green businesses in Romania and Bulgaria, chose 16 startups with innovative solutions for a sustainable future. These will benefit from a total funding of €120K and an intense period of mentoring, networking, consulting and dedicated workshops (link).
5. EIT Manufacturing RIS Hub Romania is organizing the Industry 5.0 Pre-Acceleration Program which aims to support the emergence of new startups that want to overcome the transformations associated with Industry 4.0, while developing new technologies, products and services to support the transition to a sustainable, focused European industry (link).
6. Techcelerator and Google for Startups launched the third edition of the “Advancing AI” acceleration program, dedicated to startups in the South-Eastern Europe region that develop products using artificial intelligence / machine learning (link).
7. Nod Makerspace, the first large-scale creative center in Romania whose objective is the democratization of design, engineering and education, launched the Bursa de Makeri program through which teams of 2-4 young professionals from the fields of design, arts, carpentry and other related fields can access a studio in the workshop space free of charge for 3 months (link).
Various news related to startups
9. ASEE, the largest IT company in South-Eastern Europe, and Tailent, the Romanian technology company known for democratizing access to Robotic Process Automation solutions, signed a partnership for the delivery of affordable and approachable software robots for companies (link).
10. The Romanian startup DRUID launches conversational business applications, a new category on the market of conversational AI solutions in the form of a platform that integrates with any technological system existing in a company to offer the most natural experience to employees and customers (link).
Other news in the ecosystem
13. Bringo, the platform specialized in online shopping and home delivery, expands the payment methods for purchases made through the platform. Thus, Bringo introduces, starting this month, the possibility to pay for orders placed in the application with meal cards and gift cards (link).
from Andrea, Denisa, Adrian, Ela and Mircea (Activize team)