Our new overview: Startups-related programs and events in Romania (July to December 2022)
💡 Here is the wrap-up of the most important startups-related programs and events in the second half of 2022! 🚀 bit.ly/activize-22-programs
Venture capital, M&A and funding-related news
1. Qualitance, the software company founded by Ioan Iacob and Radu Constantinescu, becomes part of the ALTEN group, following the approval of the acquisition transaction by the Competition Council (link).
2. The Romanian startup Vatis Tech has completed a new funding round worth €650K. Vatis Tech offers automatic audio speech transcription in a useful platform for the media, legal field. In the most recent round, existing investors participated – the Early Game Venture and Sparking Capital funds, Mălin Ștefănescu as an angel investor (link).
3. Digitail, a platform founded by Romanians that automates much of the admin veterinarians spend so much time on, freeing them to devote more resources and attention on providing the best care to pets, announced the closure of a $11M Series A funding round. The round was led by Atomico, who join previous investors byFounders, Gradient, and Partech (link).
News related to programs and events
4. Teamology Institute, the first company in Romania specialized in building and developing high-performing teams, launches “Leading High-Performing Teams”, an intensive training program for executive-level leaders who want to better lead their teams towards performance (link).
5. Innovation Labs, the national pre-acceleration and mentoring program for young entrepreneurs in the field of technology, is preparing the eleventh edition of the educational program in 2023. The program will debut in the five centers through the hackathons organized in March, during two days (link).
Various news related to startups
6. Kinderpedia, a school management and communication platform, application, is present at CES 2023, the world’s most impactful technology event, taking place January 5-8 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The startup is part of the first national delegation of Romania present with a stand at the global event (link).
7. Automated investment platform Vestinda has been accepted at Techstars Boston and plans to enter the US market. The Romanian startup already has paying customers and over $25M has been transacted through its platform (link).
8. Prime Dash and Chi-X Digital Assets team up to revolutionize the SME lending landscape in the Middle East and Africa. With JC Flowers & CO as its main shareholder, CXDA brings its expertise in blockchain and tokenization technology to the table, while Prime Dash brings its cutting-edge AI and ML technologies to facilitate real-time financial decision making (link).
from Andrea, Denisa, Adrian, Ela and Mircea (Activize team)