Venture capital, M&A and funding-related news
1. Zaya AI, a Romanian startup that has created a telepathology platform dedicated to doctors and that offers artificial intelligence-assisted solutions for diagnosis in pathological anatomy, is currently launching a funding round of €600K (link).
2. QUALITANCE, the international technology and innovation company founded in Romania, has signed an acquisition agreement with ALTEN, according to which the international technology and innovation consulting and services group has committed to acquire the company (link).
3. ialoc, a platform for reservations and quick payments at the table for the HoReCa field, has attracted an investment of €500K from MaxyGo Invest Holding. The amount will be invested in the development of the platform by adding fintech solutions and for international expansion, starting next spring (link).
Meme break – let’s not take ourselves too serious
News related to programs and events
4. More than 40 fintechs from all across Europe have registered to join this year’s Open Banking Hackathon – Online CEE Edition 2022. 12 teams have been selected to move forward with the competition (link).
6. The Global StartupCities eHealth Program 2022, a competition that aims to bring together startups to find simple and effective solutions to health problems, will be held online between October 3-17 (link).
7. The Freelancers, a one-day conference dedicated to freelancers from all fields, takes place online on October 26 on the website TheFreelancers.ro. The interested ones can learn how to work effectively as a freelancer, how to attract clients, get paid fairly for their work and how to turn their work experience into a business on their own (link).
9. GirlPower, the mentoring program dedicated to young women at the start of their careers that OTP Bank launched a year ago, ended with the awarding of two study grants totaling €6K, paid directly by the banking institution (link).
Various news related to startups
11. Sodexo concluded a partnership with Romanian startup MyBenefits to become the main provider of flexible extra salary benefits in Romania. They are developing a partnership through which millions of employees can select their extra salary benefits online from over 28K products and services, depending on the budget allocated by the employer (link).
13. Extasy, a platform that offers experiences for free time, enters the market of extra-salary benefits and launches a corporate solution, which supports the increase of employee retention and contributes to the optimization of HR budgets of companies (link).
Other news in the ecosystem
14. VTEX, the enterprise digital commerce platform with which brands and retailers manage their commerce operations, together with Adyen, the financial technology platform preferred by business leaders, have announced a global partnership to accelerate the development of brands and enterprise retailers with an experience of unified trade (link).
15. OutSystems, a global leader in high-performance application development, and UiPath, a leading enterprise automation software company, announced a partnership to combine the power of the UiPath Business Automation Platform with OutSystems high-performance low-code (link).
16. At the UiPath FORWARD 5 conference in Las Vegas, UiPath announced an extended strategic partnership with Microsoft to deliver market-leading integrations across Microsoft commercial cloud offerings (link).
from Andrea, Denisa, Adrian, Ela and Mircea (Activize team)