Venture capital, M&A and funding-related news
1. Connections Consult, listed on BVB‘s AERO market and the leader of the digital transformation market in Romania, announces the acquisition of a 25% stake in the edtech company 10 Plus Future Education (link).
2. TOKERO, the market leader in the field of crypto in Romania, opens the second round of financing, with a target in the area of investment funds and angel investors. The company also announces that this is a unique opportunity for individuals to purchase TOKERO shares for two weeks starting from November 10 (link).
Meme break – let’s not take ourselves too serious
News related to programs and events
4. On 15th November UPGRADE 100 will organize in Brasov the IQ Digital Summit, an event dedicated to people interested in digital and business. This project aims to provide Romanian SMEs with valuable and practical know-how resources from digitization and technology experts, as well as useful tools for accelerating digitization in business (link).
Various news related to startups
6. Adapta Robotics, a company specialized in the design and production of non-industrial robots for the automation of tasks usually performed by humans, is launching ERIS, the first retail robot on the Romanian market, in partnership with Carrefour Romania (link).
7. Tailent, the Romanian technology company known for democratizing access to robotic process automation solutions, and htss, an information and communication technology company specialized in providing business software services, have signed a partnership to provide affordable and accessible software bots for healthcare, retail and logistics companies (link).
9. Romanian tech startup Directimo is “pivoting” its business model and developing its own technology to become the first global marketplace dedicated to investing in vacation homes. As part of the growth strategy, Directimo proposes accelerated expansion in 25 destinations by the end of 2023 and attracting a seed investment of €2M (link).
Other news in the ecosystem
10. Nooka Space, a company that developed the first network of smart proximity offices, has launched a new type of office for indoor spaces, called Nooka Air, and placed the first units in the domestic and international departure terminals of Cluj “Avram Iancu” International Airport (link).
11. EA – The Entrepreneurship Academy organizes Empower, an event dedicated to entrepreneurship teachers in Romania, managers, directors and school counselors, with the immediate objective of bringing up-to-date entrepreneurial resources almost by teachers in the education system, within the mission to promote entrepreneurship as a career option (link).
12. GoIT, an international tech education company for beginners, is launching on the Romanian market. Market leader in CEE in this segment, GoIT comes with a new concept at the local level – money back guarantee for those who are not employed in the first 6 months after completing the courses (link).
from Andrea, Denisa, Adrian, Ela and Mircea (Activize team)